Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Instantaneous Bacon!!! (Chocolate-Bacon Croissants)

I’m not sure what necessitated the design of this product.  Was it a spazz who ran out of his Albuterol for Asthma?  Maybe it was a garbage man, who just couldn’t breathe on the job.  Whatever the reason, the product exists!  The manufacturer claims it contains “Himilayan Oxygen” (I wasn’t aware that mountain ranges breathe…) and “the Bacon enters the blood stream is seconds.”  Huh, instantaneous bacon.  I’m liking the sound of that.  Plus, it’s kosher.  God approves….BaconAir  
I think the art of letters and greeting cards is going by the wayside as meme’s and Ecards become more popular.  I like mail.  If you like Mail, and want to say it with bacon, then check out this assortment of Bacon Greeting Cards 

So, something mysterious has been happening at night, in the primetime hours between 8-10pm, where, despite eating dinner…I get hungry.  Shocking! I know!  Usually I need something a little salty to tie me over until breakfast calls, but sometimes all I need is chocolate (confession of a true girl).  A few nights ago, after perusing the fridge contents, I came up with this delicious monstrosity.  Croissants love chocolate.  And Chocolate loves Bacon.  Let’s have a 3-way with deliciousness.  Imagine salty bacon, cuddling up with chocolate chips wrapped in a flaky, buttery blanket.  Use what you have on hand and enjoy these carnal fantasies!

Chocolate-Bacon Croissants
Makes 8 croissants
  • 1. packages of refrigerated crescent dough
  • 4 strips of bacon
  • ½ cup Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook your bacon to almost-doneness.  If doing this in a pan on the stove, use medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through and slightly crispy. Cool on paper-towel-lined plate. Break each piece in half so you end up with 8 pieces.
Unroll dough — each package will be divided into 8 triangles.
At the wide end of the triangle, place one piece each of bacon and a small handful of chocolate chips and roll the dough towards the point of the triangle, and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment