- Bacon Cotton Candy, BaconWrapped Turkey Legs, Bacon Battered Corn Dogs, The Donut Double Double Bacon Cheeseburger - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Bacon and Beer Cheese Funnel Cake – (ok so this was not at a carnival, but sure sounds like it) Winghart’sBurger and Whiskey Bar, Pittsburgh, PA
- Double Bacon Corn Dog, Bacon Wrapped Eggs – Iowa State Fair
- Chicken Fried Bacon – Texas State Fair
- Deep-Fried Cheddar-Bacon Mashed Potatoes…On a Stick – Minnesota State Fair
- Chocolate Covered Bacon – Wisconsin and Alaska State Fairs
What could go better at any carnival than these delicious babies. A nice combination of salty and sweet, creamy and banana-y. I made extras....Banana, Peanut Butter, Bacon, and Chocolate...what more could you ask for?
Ingredients (makes 30 pieces)
10 slices of Bacon
8 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate, or more if needed, chopped
2 Bananas, peeled
5 Tbsp smooth Peanut Butter, divided
Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Cut each slice into 1-inch pieces while still warm, and set aside.
Melt 2/3 of the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring to melt the chocolate. (Do not let water or steam drip into the chocolate or it will seize up.) Bring the chocolate up to no more than 110 degrees F (43 degrees C), measuring with a thermometer. Stir in the reserved chopped chocolate, remove from the heat, and stir off the heat until the temperature of the chocolate comes down to 88 to 90 degrees and most of the chocolate pieces have melted. Remove any unmelted pieces, and hold the chocolate over warm water at this temperature for dipping.
Slice the bananas into 1-inch pieces, and cut each piece down the center to make half moons. Spread the bottom of each half moon with about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter. Stick the banana piece, peanut butter side down, onto a square of bacon, and skewer the banana and bacon together with a toothpick.
Dip the banana and bacon treats into the melted chocolate until completely covered; place dipped treats onto waxed or parchment paper until cool and set. Youc an pop them into the freezer to set the chocolate faster.