Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
So today was a busy day! I was supposed to have a college friend over for brunch, and I was going to make these awesome bacon egg cups. Plans changed and we went out for brunch instead (not to fear, I had a french omelette that consisted of bacon, ham and sausage). Then I was wondering what I would make as a back-up bacon blog meal because it's Saturday and I usually post Saturdays (yeah, yeah, I know, but I take my passion seriously). So I broke out the Bacon Playing Cards I picked up on last week's outing, and flipped up the Queen of Spades which said Bacon Salisbury Steak. Sweet. Got the ingredients to make that for dinner, and then went to the mall to shop for my Aunt's 75th birthday party. Racing thru the mall, because we were already running late, we pass an Aunt Annie's Pretzel stand. God, I love those things. It was very distracting. We then got our presents and left the mall for the party. The party had tons of food... deviled eggs, turkey meatballs in gravy (I know! Gravy! Pure deliciousness!)...and it was late by the time we got home. Too late to start making dinner and not really hungry enough for a huge Salisbury Steak dinner...but still needed to munch on something...what to make? Only the most delicious snack sandwich concocted.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Saturday, February 16, 2013
So, I saw this video online the other day, and it reminded me of That 70's Show, with it's funny/trippy backgrounds and transitions, and wouldn't you know, That 70's Show doesn't fail to provide good Bacon Entertainment! Check out That 70's Bacon.
So, I bought some Cajun seasoning for Mardi Gras, and I was wondering what else I could use the spice in, and I found this TREASURE. These peppers are so addictive, that you most certainly have to make a double or quadruple batch. I don't actually think my husband got to try many, as I couldn't stop at 2. The Jalapeños are not that spicy after they have been baked, as the seeds and membranes have been removed. The flavor is out of this world!
Bacon-Wrapped Cajun Jalapeño Peppers
- 8 large Jalapeños peppers
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut bacon strips in half width wise. In a skillet cook bacon until partially cooked. Drain on a paper towel.
Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise; remove the seeds and center membranes. In a smaller bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Stuff the peppers with about 1 to 1 and a 1/2 tsps into each pepper half. Wrap the bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
Place peppers on wire rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks. Serve immediately.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
However you choose to say I Love You on Valentine’s day, say it with Bacon!
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Mardi Gras Bacon Buns
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix (Remember the Pillsbury Hot Roll and Bread mix from the Sweet Rolls with bacon recipe? Blue Box, Pillsbury Dough Boy, Cinnamon Roll on the box)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (optional)
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
- Bacon Flavor Diet Spray
- Bacon Soap
- Bacon Candle
- Bacon Envelopes
- Bacon Briefcase
- Bacon Water
- Bacon Beer
- Put it on your breakfast toast/muffin/bagel over butter or cream cheese
- Spread it thickly on buns for a twist on burgers.
- Livin up your grilled cheese sandwiches by spreading it on bread before adding the cheese.
- stir a spoonful into your favorite brownie or cookie batter before baking
- Make an awesome BLT sandwich
- Or try it on chicken - slice a chicken breast in half, and put the bacon jam on the inside of the chicken, add a piece of Swiss cheese, fold back, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.