Saturday, November 23, 2013

Epic Bacon Christmas Tree (Late Night Snack Cookies)

Sure, Thanksgiving is next week, but I'm already thinking about putting my Christmas Tree up.  Especially since I came across this Epic Christmas Tree...A Bacon Christmas Tree, with fast food ornaments.  Yeah.  It happened...Wow!




My best ideas for recipes come out at night when I'm looking for a snack.  I made similar potato chip-based cookies previously, but these cookies blow those cookies completely out of the water in their epicness.  How can you go wrong with Snickers, Rolos, Chocolate Chips, Potato Chips AND Bacon!  Simple answer, you can't.

Next Bake Sale I get suckered into, I mean....I volunteer for, I'll be making these.  Simply one of the best cookies I've had in a very long time.  Enjoy!



Late Night Snack Cookies with Bacon
Ingredients

    1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
    1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
    1 egg + 1 yolk
    1 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 cups chopped Snickers candy, frozen
    2 cups chopped Rolos candy, frozen
    1 cup chocolate chips
    4 cups thick cut salted potato chips
    10 slices of bacon, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°

Place bacon slices on a broiler pan or cooling rack over a cookie sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes or until desired doneness.  Cool and drain on a paper towel.  Crumble and set aside.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.  Turn mixer to low and add in egg, yolk, milk and vanilla. Increase speed to medium and mix until smooth.  Turn mixer back down to low and add in flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until combined.
 
Add in Snickers, Rolos and chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed. And finally add in potato chips and bacon and pulse until combined. Don't over mix, we want nice chunks of chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoon onto lined baking sheet and bake 9-10 minutes until edges are golden. Allow to cool 2-3 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment