Sunday, May 11, 2014

I Love Mom, More Than Bacon (Bacon Pull-Apart Bread)

I hope you all have reasons to celebrate your mothers today.  For me, I had a bacon-filled weekend and a wonderful morning full of hand-crafted Kindergarten presents, flowers and a nice dinner to look forward to.  Most importantly, it's a dinner I won't have to cook.


I had some great friends come over a couple nights ago for a long-planned game night.  I couldn't disappoint them, so I whipped up some Bacon Pull-Apart Bread.  They didn't want to disappoint me, and they brought the best Bacon Rice Krispy Treats I have had in a long time.  It was a night full of laughs, drinks, card playing, and Bacon.  What more could I ask for?


Bacon Pull-Apart Bread
Ingredients
12 bacon strips, diced
2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
2 teaspoons olive oil

Directions
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into quarters.

In a large bowl, combine the cheese, dressing mix, oil and bacon. Place half of the biscuit pieces in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining biscuit pieces and cheese mixture.

Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment