Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bacon. It's Gonna Save the World Someday. I Don't Know How - But it Will! (Bacon Potato Chip Cookies)


Today bacon loved potatoes.  I've been making a lot of the sweeter bacon recipes, so I decided to go savory.  Took potatoes and quartered them, wrapped half a slice of uncooked bacon around the spud and secured with a toothpick.  350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Perfect accompaniment to slow-smoked pork spare ribs.


But tonight's show stopper recipe is something I just put together, after hearing about the cookie at work.  My friend Jon told me all about these delicious Potato Chip Cookies he had a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, while he's telling me all about them, all I can think of is "I wonder how they will taste with Bacon?"


Bacon Potato Chip Cookies
6 Slices of bacon, cooked
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup crushed potato chips
3/4 cup crushed toffee bits (or butterfinger)
1/4 cup sugar (for rolling)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Place bacon on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet in a cold oven, and cook for 20-25 minutes, our until desired doneness.  Remove from rack and drain on a paper towel.  Once drained and cool, chop fine.

Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt together with an electric mixer until fluffy.  On low speed, beat in flour until just incorporated.  Stir in Bacon, Potato Chips and Toffee.  Make balls of cookie dough (about 1 tbsp) and roll them in sugar.  Place cookie balls on buttered baking sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass (about 1/4 inch thick).  bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.  Don't cool too long on baking sheet, the toffee will stick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment