Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pork Chops and Bacon, My 2 Favorite Animals (Pork Cordon Bleu with Bacon and Gruyere)

 Check it out!  Science is finally backing bacon!  Of course, I've been told that I should live forever now...Study Shows Eating Bacon Will Make You Live Longer!


I don't need to announce when I'm cooking bacon.  It's almost a guarantee that on the weekend I'll be cooking bacon for some purpose or recipe to try out.  Last night, while preparing the bacon for the sinful dinner of Pork Cordon Bleu with Bacon and Gruyere, my 5-year old came into the kitchen, looked at me and asked me where the bacon was.  He said he could smell it from the living room and that I needed to give him some right away.  Uh-oh.  I think the apple fell TOO CLOSE to the tree.

Just a spin on the classic Chicken Cordon Bleu, substituting piggies for chicken.  It was exceptionally delicious and devoured in minutes!

Pork Cordon Bleu with Bacon and Gruyere

Ingredients

2 thick cut pork chops
2 slices Gruyere cheese
4 slice cooked bacon
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Cook bacon in a pan or in the oven on a broiling pan or a cooling rack set on top of a cookie sheet, set to 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until desired crispiness. Drain on a paper towel and break in half.  Set aside.

Slice pork chops horizontally throughout the middle almost all the way through.  Insert slice of Gruyere cheese and 2 slices of bacon.  Seal edges with toothpick.


Combine together egg and milk in bowl large enough to dip pork chops in.  In separate bowl add Panko bread crumbs.  Salt and pepper pork chops, then lightly dust with flour.  Dip into egg mixture, immediately dip into panko bread crumbs and press the pork chops into the breadcrumbs.  Transfer to a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees until done. Approximately 20- 30 minutes (depends on thickness of your pork chops. Use a meat thermometer and cook until internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit
).

No comments:

Post a Comment