Sunday, April 20, 2014

Boo Boo Bacon Bunny (And Easter Egg Salad Sandwiches with Dijon and Bacon)

I wish I lived closer to New Jersey.  I never though I would actually say that, but there's a chocolate shop there that sells Boo Boo Bacon Bunny, a solid chocolate Easter bunny filled with pieces of cooked bacon.  Um, yes please!  Check it out!


So, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here, but you probably have an abundance of hard-boiled eggs right about now?  I love a good Egg Salad Sandwich, so I thought I'd take a little spin on an old favorite.  Add a little onion, a lot of Bacon and some Dijon mustard.  Say hello to a new egg salad!


 Egg Salad Sandwiches with Dijon and Bacon
6-10 hard-boiled eggs
6 slices of crispy cooked bacon, chopped fine
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey mustard
1 tbsp chives
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp bacon salt or seasoned salt
1 tsp lemon juice
Bread or rolls

Mix eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, red onion, Dijon mustard, honey mustard, chives, lemon juice, dill, and bacon or seasoned salt in a bowl; spread onto bread or rolls to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment