Monday, July 21, 2014

Bacon Flip Flops (Bacon and Cream Chees Stiffed Mushrooms)

Coming off of Vacation mode is hard.  I'm thankful for the time I had off (mainly doing things around the house) and for all the extra time I got to spend with bacon, uh, I mean my family!  I spent the time off experimenting.  Delicious experiments!



While perusing the webs today I found not one,not two, not five, but over a dozen different bacon-themed flip flops.  Why shouldn't your little piggies be sporting piggies themselves?  Here's my top five favorites:


 

 With epic snack making abilities, comes epic responsibilities.  Like always making sure you have awesomely fresh ingredients on hand.  This recipe is simple and quick.  And delicious!  And it used 3 ingredients.  Seriously, can this get any easier?


Bacon and Cream Cheese Suffed Mushrooms
Ingredients
1/2 lb bacon
15-20 large mushrooms (I used button mushrooms)
8 oz cream cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook bacon in a pan or in the oven and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.  Cool and crumble.

Remove stems from mushrooms and mince.

Mix bacon, mushroom stems, and cream cheese.

Place mushrooms caps on baking pan covered with aluminum foil and fill with cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25-35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment