Sunday, March 30, 2014

Now your breadmeat shines with deliciousness! (Peanut Butter & Bacon Banana Chocolate Chip Bread)

Bacon Product Fails of the Week:

1) Bacon Lip Balm - Sure, the potential could be catastrophic, all we need is products that weren't meant for consumption, to be consumed in mass bacon-flavored quantities.  Luckily this product fell short.  It think it's the most disgusting thing I have ever had on my lips.  Ever.


2) SqueezBacon- The only bacon product I have absolutely no intention of testing.  I can't do it.  Somethings should not come in squeezable form.  I'll let you come to your own conclusion on that one.  I did happen to find this awesomely fantastic Swedish commercial for SqueezBaconNow your breadmeat shines with deliciousness!





I have come to the conclusion that I buy bananas to watch die a slow death on my kitchen counter.  I only like green bananas.  I've liked them for as long as I can remember.  In high school, my friends and I decided to come up with and follow random holidays.  Bubble-Wrap Appreciation day, Thomas Crapper Day, National Sea Monkey Day....the list goes on.  The one that I wanted most was Firm Banana Appreciation Day.  There's something about the slightly sweet taste that I just prefer.  So, I eat bananas while their in the green, and watch them die a slow death.  I ended their week-long torture by mashing them to bits...adding bacon, peanut butter and chocolate chips.  How can you go wrong?



Peanut Butter & Bacon Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Ingredients:
2-3 overripe bananas
1 stick of butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
3-6 strips of crispy bacon


Turn on oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and immediately place bacon on a broiling pan or cooling rack over a cookie sheet and bake until bacon is done and crispy.  Approx 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on a paper towel-lined plate.  Crumble and set aside.

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together, then add brown sugar and incorporate. In a seperate bowl, whisk egg and add slowly to the butter mixture. Fold in flour and baking soda. 

In another bowl mash bananas and then mix in peanut butter.  Once mixed, add the banana peanut butter mixture to bread dough. Mix on medium speed.  After everything is mixed add chocolate chips, and crumbled bacon. Pour dough into nonstick bread pans. Bake for one hour, then cool.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment