Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ethics of the Baconpocalypse (Bacon Waffles)



Lifeis a contradiction.  I think Bacon isalso.  I mean, meat and fat together inone delicious bite.  Smoky and sweet.  Crispy and chewy.  I’m a yoga instructor in my free time.  One would think that would mean I’m all aboutthe natural way of life…organic foods, vegan diet, the enlightened path.  No sir. Why would Bacon exist if we weren’t meant to eat it?  It would be unethical if I didn’t eat it.  If I didn’t do my part, then baconwould be sitting in the stores’ open meat cases, wasting valuable energy, andnot on my plate where it belongs.  

Turnsout I am not alone in this thought.  Youcan truly have your bacon and yoga too! (Article)   Maybe I should start offering Baconat the end of my classes...
 



I found this delicious recipe watching United States of Bacon on the Destination America Channel.  They were really simple, and gone in the blink of an eye.  My 4 year-old, who eats like a bird, had 2 helpings.  Make them for breakfast, and you'll agree.



Bacon Waffles
6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
2 cups baking mix, or pancake mix (Bisquick)
1 & 1/3 cups milk
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

Cook bacon, drain on a paper towel.  Set aside.  

Plug in and turn on your waffle iron to medium high.  Stir remaining ingredients until blended.  Pour batter onto center of hot, greased waffle maker.  Add some crumbled bacon on top of the waffle batter; close lid.  Bake until steaming stops or roughly 4-5 minutes.   Carefully remove waffle, bathe in butter and maple syrup and get another waffle in the iron, because you'll want seconds!   

No comments:

Post a Comment