Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Bacon Meter (Bacon, Cheddar and and Green Chile Quesidillas)





If you want more Bacony ideas, check out what ABC News ran on Epic Bacon Mania...

(Totally happens to me when I shop.  I think the Bacon leaps into my cart when I'm not looking)

Today's Epic Bacon Recipe is brought to you by my awesome snack making skills.  Got 5 minutes and 4 ingredients?  Check it out.



Bacon, Cheese and Green Chile Quesidillas
4 slices of Bacon (pre cooked)
4 Tortillas (flour or corn)
1 small 4 oz can of Chopped Green Chilies
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream (optional)
Salsa (optional)

Cook your bacon.  For smaller batches of bacon I either saute in a pan or use the microwave.  Once cooked, drain the bacon on paper towels, and then chop fine.  In a large frying pan on medium heat, use non-stick spray and place a tortilla on the pan.  Sprinkle cheese and chopped bacon.  Add green chilies to taste.  

I like to cover this with a clear lid, so that I can see when the cheese starts to get a little melty, really only a minute or so.  Once that has happened, flip one edge of the tortilla onto the other, making a half circle.  Flip tortilla over.  Cook for 1-2 minutes to brown other side.  Remove from heat and cut into thirds or fourths.  Serve with sour cream and salsa.   


No comments:

Post a Comment